Quick Start GuideLink to this section
You can get set up with Kinde in a few short steps that will only take about 15 minutes.
Step 1: Register with KindeLink to this section
Go to app.kinde.com/register and create an account.
Step 2: Connect your appLink to this section
Get a starter kitLink to this section
Download one of our Starter Kits from Github in your preferred language/framework.
Additional language-specific setup steps live in the
README.md file of each starter kit.
Copy the .env fileLink to this section
.env_sample file has been provided for you in each Starter Kit. Make a copy of this file and rename it to
.env. Update this file with your app keys.
Get your app keysLink to this section
- Go to Settings > Applications.
- Select View Details on the application tile you want App keys for. If you haven’t added any applications, add one now or use the default regular web application.
- Copy the:
- Client ID
- Client secret
- Token host (also known as Base issuer URL)
- On the same screen, enter your callback URLs. Note that your preferred starter kit includes
Allowed callback URLsand
Allowed logout redirect URLs.
- Load up the starter kit app on your local machine.
Step 3: Register your first userLink to this section
- Open the starter kit in the browser by visiting
http://localhost:3000and select Sign up. By default, Kinde uses passwordless sign in, but you can set up whatever authentication you prefer.
- Sign up using passwordless entry. Welcome to the starter kit!
- Back in your Kinde account, look for your first sign up on the Users page.
Other set up tasksLink to this section
That’s just the basics! You might also want to:
- Customize your sign up and sign in pages
- Set your own domain
- Add organizations
- Set up authentication
- Import users from a different auth tool
If you want more in-depth guidance, consider booking in to a Kinde demo.Connect to Kinde