Set up and manage user access requestsLink to this section
In Kinde, you can collect user information before you give people access to your application. This is managed through the Access requests user list.
You might use this function if you’re not ready to give people product access, but you want them to register their interest. You can also use this if you want to select and control who or how many people can access your application.
It’s a good idea to maintain a separate contact list for general communication to customers, and you can do this by building your subscriber list.
Set up the request access pageLink to this section
Kinde allows you to design the page where customers can go to register their interest. See set up your request access page.
View access requests listLink to this section
- In Kinde, go to Users > Access requests. A list of customer contacts is shown.
- To see when a contact requested access, find them in the list, select the three dots menu and select View details. A panel slides out showing added information.
Convert an access requests contact to a userLink to this section
When you’re ready to give application access to someone on your access requests list, you can convert them to a user and (if applicable) allocate them to an organization.
- Go to Users > Access Requests and find the contact you want to convert to a user.
- Select the three dots menu and select Convert to user. A window appears, prompting you to select the organization the user will belong to. You can only select one.
- Select Convert. The contact will now appear on the All users list, but will also remain an Access requests contact.
See Manage users across organizations if you want to assign the user to other organizations.
Delete access request contactLink to this section
- Go to Users > Access Requests and find the contact you want to delete.
- Select the three dots menu and select Delete access request. A confirmation message appears.
- Select Delete. The contact is permanently removed from this list.