Slack social sign in
You can enable users to sign up and sign in using their Slack credentials. To enable this, you’ll need some technical know-how and a Slack app.
Create a Slack app
- Go to Slack API Applications and log in to your workspace.
- Select Create an App. The Create an app window opens.
- Choose how you’d like to configure your app’s scopes and settings.
- If you are not sure, choose the From scratch option.
- Enter your App Name and Select a workspace.
- Click Create App. Your app is created.
Copy Kinde and Slack app credentials
- After your Slack app is created, scroll to the App Credentials section and copy the Client ID and Client Secret and paste them in a text file or somewhere you can easily copy them.
- In Kinde, go to Settings > Authentication. On the Slack auth tile in the Social authentication section, select Configure. Copy the URL to the same place as the Slack app credentials above, i.e. a text file or other temporary place.
Configure your Slack app
- In your Slack app, go to the OAuth & Permissions section.
- Scroll to the Redirect URLs area and add the URL you got from Kinde, then select Save URLs.
- To define what info will be shared when a user signs up or signs in with Slack, scroll to the Scopes section.
- In the User Token Scopes area, select Add an OAuth Scope and from the dropdown menu choose users.profile:read.
- Scroll up to the OAuth Tokens for Your Workspace section and select Install to Workspace. And when prompted, select Allow.
- Select Manage distribution on the left and go to the Share Your App with Other Workspaces section.
- Select Remove Hard Coded Information and in the area that appears, select the I’ve reviewed and removed any hard-coded information option.
- Select Activate Public Distribution. Your app is now ready to use.
Add Slack credentials to Kinde
- In Kinde, go to Settings > Authenticatication.
- On the Slack tile, select Configure.
- Paste the Client ID and Client secret from the Slack app into the relevant fields.
- Select which applications will allow Slack SSO.
- Select Save. Users will now see Slack as an option to sign up and sign in to the selected applications.