Google social sign in
You can enable users to sign up and sign in using their Google credentials. To set this up, you need a Google cloud account and project, and a little technical know-how.
Note that Google has provided a topic about Google’s Create authorization credentials, but the steps don’t quite work. Until they update their docs, we recommend you use ours.
Before you begin
- Create a Google Cloud account.
- Create a Google Project.
- Get Google credentials (see below).
Get Google credentials
- Navigate to the Google Cloud home page.
- Click the Select a project dropdown and choose your project to assign authorization credentials.
- Go to the Navigation menu and select Credentials.
- Click Create Credentials at the top of the page and select OAuth client ID.
- In the Web application dropdown menu, choose Web Application.
- Name your OAuth 2.0 client and click Create.
- Copy your Client ID and Client Secret from the confirmation window.
Add Google credentials to Kinde
- Sign in to Kinde.
- Go to the Settings page and select Authentication.
- Switch on the Google auth option (if not already on).
- Select the Configure link.
- Paste your Client ID and Client Secret into the two fields.
- Copy the Callback URL below these fields and add it to the Google OAuth2 app.
- Save the form. Your users will now be able to sign in using their Google credentials.