GitHub social sign in
You can enable users to sign up and sign in using their GitHub credentials. To enable this, you’ll need some technical know-how and a GitHub app and credentials.
Before you begin
Get the URL for GitHub from Kinde. In Kinde, go to Settings > Authentication. On the GitHub auth tile in the Social authentication section, select Configure. Copy the URL.
Create GitHub app
- Sign in to your GitHub account, select the Account dropdown menu at the top right corner, and choose Settings.
- From the menu on the left, select Developer settings. (https://github.com/settings/apps)
- Select OAuth Apps and click Register a new application.
- Enter the Kinde URL you copied earlier, into the redirects section.
- Save the new GitHub app.
- Generate a Client ID and Client secret in GitHub. Copy these to a text file or other temporary and secure place.
Add GitHub credentials to Kinde
- In Kinde, go to Settings > Authenticatication.
- Switch on the GitHub auth option (if not already on).
- Select Configure.
- Paste the Client ID and Client secret into the relevant fields.
- Select Save. Users will now see GitHub as an option to sign up and sign in to your product.